Monday, September 13, 2010

oh, it's been a while!

So, yes, I am back. finally.

It has been hard for me to take the time to write here, but I do really care about recording things...

Lately:
1. I have been trying to make time for projects of an artsy nature, be it knitting, drawing, or making flowery head gear. I have been enjoying it, but it has not so far generated much income. However, I have just started back to work 1 day a week. So a bit of income shall be generated, by hook or by crook!
2. I have been trying to be a patient mother, really really applying myself to this task. James says that "the anger of man accomplishes nothing", and I have been taking this to heart. My children are so precious, and they are so young and tender, and yes, they have sinful natures, but they also have so much innocence. I want to preserve and protect that, while still training them to do what is right. I second-guess myself a lot with parenting, but I guess it's better to reexamine oneself than to be overconfident, right?
3. I am trying to be healthier. This is hard for me, as I am not naturally organized with my time (for exercise) or particularly prone to eating healthfully. baby steps.

There you have a list of my new(ish) ventures. I just enjoy lists, they give me a false sense of order!

I had a surprise visit from my sister in law Cheree, and my niece Lillie. This was lovely, and the three small girls had a great time together, playing "ice cream truck"and "I can't find my arms", and I had a great time sitting on the porch, knitting, watching their Irish-pale legs flashing in the sunlight and they ran and tricycled about. 3 year old imaginations are hilarious. Jude displayed his strength to the female population by generally being rough and shoving and pinching whenever possible. We are working on that.

Yes, I have started back to work. I love my job. Picture framing, that is. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to do this again. To go somewhere in the car, and stay there all day without having to be responsible for anyone but myself. To finish a project efficiently, and then be done with it, not having anyone undo it a minute later! To know that I am good at this. Unequivocally. I don't have to think about it, it comes naturally, easily. This is the only place that I have ever been able to multi-task; I know women are supposed to have this gift, but I never have! But at the frame shop, I can juggle several tasks, and I am quite pleased with myself. With mothering my kids, I am not so confident. I do think that I am good at it, but it's different. Perhaps because there is so much more riding on it - the health and safety (both emotional and physical) of another individual. Three individuals!

And last, but not least, I do have more of the Pink Cloud story written, but I am missing a middle bit and the ending. Query: do windmills generate wind? I do understand what they are used for, that they harness the winds power to create energy, but still, they look like fans. Do they act like fans, too, and blow air at all? It's pertinent to the story. :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I always love reading your posts, Emily.

Also, congrats on working one day a week--that is fabulous. It sounds like a win all around, what with the income, the autonomy, and the sense of fulfillment you get in the actual task of framing.

So happy for you:)