Monday, July 18, 2011

Reconnect

I have had no internet for quite a while now... actually I am not even sure how long, but it must have been a day or two after the last post. I have enjoyed the time I've saved, but have not enjoyed the disconnect. I did not miss facebook. In spite of all the "friends" I have, it never fails to make me feel lousy. But facebook is a psuedo-reality, and I think I will just avoid being there, unless I have a purpose. Anyway, it's good to have email again, and online banking. Yay for convenience and communication!

To follow up the last post, God is so good to us. The Monday after I posted, I felt like I needed to be praying in a more specific way. So, I started out with praying for us to find an affordable vehicle THAT week. Tuesday, we got a phone call that there was a free minivan available. Pretty affordable, huh? And Dan had been praying for a minivan or an SUV. The more specific the prayer, the more obvious the answer.

Amazingly, I sold three items from my Etsy store last week... amazing because I have been completely neglecting Etsy, especially without internet. It made me want to get back to craftiness, so I have been knitting hats in the heat. Wierd, I know, but I have been enjoying it. So look for new listings!

It's good to be back.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

welcome back, Emily--I've missed you on the internets...also, I know what you mean about facebook. I think it usually does more to make people feel left out than included. I mean, I think it serves some good purpose, too, but I know of some situations when people feel hurt because of fb postings--whereas before fb, others would have just been in blissful ignorance.

also--NICE about the free minivan and sold items. YES YES YES!