Wednesday, August 10, 2011

4-year-old bucket list

We went camping with all 3 kids last weekend. OK, wait, 2 weekends ago now (sometimes it takes me a while to get back to a post hastily written and edit). It was a mixed bag, to be sure, but there were moments of absolute delight. We will do this again. Camping is a funny thing. Part of me feels like an elf, as if I ought to be wearing a woodland crown of leaves and berries. Part of me feels like I ought to have packed up my nonexistent athletic gear and my imaginary mountain bike... neither one of these is quite right, although the first one is closer...

Rowan caught a large-mouth bass, though. Amazing! At least to me...



So there's one experience the girls can check off their list. Actually two; camping was on there, too. They have quite a long list of things that they have never done. It doesn't matter to them at all that a lot of these things are not experiences that Dan or I have had either. I am loving that they have such a grand list. Here are a few:
-ride on an airplane
-ride on a motorboat
-go parachuting
-ride a camel
-go on a submarine
-ride on a space shuttle
-go on a whale sighting expedition

4 comments:

Jo said...

Your children are magical... much like their amazing and delightful mother!

Emily said...

they have more drive and ambition than I ever had, though I really did want to fly... I was more about living in a dream world, and they want to make their way all over the real one! thanks, Jo!

Jessica said...

"Part of me feels like an elf, as if I ought to be wearing a woodland crown of leaves and berries."

I love you for that sentence, Emily Costa.

Emily said...

thanks Jess, I know you can relate!