Sunday, May 11, 2008

God, get me through the next 7 months or so.....

Sooo, here we are. I have been avoiding my blog, the internet in general and any other form of outward communication.  I have been lying on the floor, feeling nauseous and sorry for myself.  Being pregnant, for me, is like being depressed.  No energy, no motivation, constant hunger, and yet no appetite.  Yeah, I said pregnant.  Mmm-hmm.   Not planned, and yet, not unwanted.... just really unexpected.  

I am sort of hesitant to tell people about it, unsure of their reactions, partially I guess because I am a bit unsure as to how I really feel about it.  A baby is not intimidating to me... that part I don't mind, although I know I will be seriously tied down for a while.  But I really do not like being pregnant.  It makes me very selfish and miserable.  And there are two little angels here who are only a year and a half, who really need a mommy, not to mention my hardworking husband who used to come home to dinner on the table, clean laundry (usually), and sometimes even a clean house.   Oh, my, how quickly life can change.

3 comments:

Bridggymama said...

I didn't know you had a blog! yeah for babies! BOOO for morning sickness! I hate that business!

Jen said...

Emily, I felt so many of the same things when I found out I was pregnant again. Surprised (we were going to wait a few more months at least) and hesitant to tell people. I also often feel bad for how hard Dave works, especially on those days when I felt like changing Haven's diapers regularly was a victory.

I hope that this pregnancy is easier on you than the first. Although, running after toddlers during pregnancy can't ever be described as easy.

Lastly, now that I'm 7 weeks from the end of the pregnancy, I'm getting so excited. Even though it's tough, I think it's a blessing that we have months to prepare emotionally for a new little person.

Congratulations!!

merry said...

Congrats and Holy F.