Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Me and Fatty Mcgee

So here we are, looking a bit tired, ok, very tired.  But happy.  We had a good day today. Yesterday, not so much. But If I can continue in this day to day, new mercies, let go of control thing that I am working on, then we are heading in a good direction.  We just enjoyed each other today, all of us.  

Jude was happy and fat and delicious as per usual, and the girls were sweet and funny.  we played outside for a bit in the wetness, ran around the house, and were silly.  Dan called out sick, and after sleeping in for a good, long time (he averages 4 hours of sleep a night), he offered to stay with the girls and Jude so that I could go out! Blessed man.  But in a sick twist of fate, he called me half an hour into my excursion, because he had started throwing up on his sick day.  I have to say, as unexpected as my outing was, I had to fight back tears to have it so quickly taken away again.  But he tried, poor guy, and it was greatly appreciated.  And I did manage to score a little, hot-pink book, entitled "potty training sucks".  It has been making me giggle already this evening. 

After dinner, the girls actually played in their room for a couple of minutes (literally), and I got to whip out a notebook and make some quick sketches of the world's wiggliest live model.  He didn't really want to keep still, but hey, I drew something.  I honestly can't remember the lat time I did that!  It felt nice, and I didn't get frustrated, even though I was less than thrilled with the results.  It was practice, and it was better than nothing.  I must remember that I can squeeze a bit of practice into my regular day, without having hours set aside.  Lesson learned.  Hopefully there will be more days like this... 3 kids is just rough, when they are so little!  Two was not too bad, once a strategy was worked out, and I got to go wherever I wanted, basically, as long as I had the double stroller... but for now we are housebound, and we are learning to make it bearable, even enjoyable.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Emily, it has been so long since I have seen you that I sort of forgot how beautiful you are (until I saw your picture here, of course!).

And Jude is so adorable.

I am glad that you had a nice day today and acquired the hot pink book. Everybody should have one.

Hope Dan feels better soon!

Jess said...

If you would ever like some company or the chance to go somewhere let me know... I'm not sure that I could watch your 3 plus my 3, but I do have a van with 8 seats and enough room for both of our strollers...with our powers combined we might be able to pull off a trip to linvilla or something of that nature. :)

Emily said...

Thanks, Jess #1, and sounds like a good idea, Jess #2! can't you just see us, with all those kids, off for an adventure? madness!

Emily said...

but do-able, madness, I meant to say!

Nina said...

Good for you finding even a few minutes to draw. It's so hard to discipline yourself to do that when you don't have lots of time.

And what a picture! So cute.

Hey...Brian's been thinking of Dan a lot lately and he'd like his email address...

Jen said...

How cute is he! And you look great, Emily. Enjoy those good days as much as you can.

jes said...

Hey Emily, your baby is so cute!!! He's a good mix of you and dan

Lady Leth said...

Love the new hair, love the cubby baby!

Emily said...

thanks guys! he is literally off-the-growth-charts-huge. I secretly think it is due to all my chocolate consumption!