Tuesday, June 12, 2012

rainy day, happy fish

When I'm feeling a little bit uninspired by motherhood, a bit of ennui, there is one thing that never fails to lift me.  The beauty that my little people create.
Here is a sample of the latest in 5-year-old artistic efforts. The top one is Rowan's, and contains a school of goldfish surrounding their clownfish "teacher", as well as a happily spouting whale. oh yes. the heart sings. pure sweetness.
 And secondly, we have a fishing scene. I will admit to drawing the blue fish in the middle, and then leaving the paper on the floor. I returned to find Genevieve creating a whole scene around it, more fish and bubbles, a distant fuzzy whale, calling out in his whale voice (the concentric semicircles), and herself with a fishing rod, on which she has caught a lady tadpole who just got married (the black shuttlecock shape).  There are also many ripples in the water caused by the fishing rod and the swimming fishes.  I may be biased, but I'm feeling MiroFor real, look at these two images, such fun!

3 comments:

merry said...

No joke about the Miro! and yes, your children seem to be gifted.

Jessica said...

I love how you left the lone fish on the floor and came back to your little girl having made it into a whole world. That's a beautiful metaphor for life and how community can multiply the good things we each start.

Emily said...

Probably Miro's genius stemmed from his ability to draw in a childlike, uninhibited way. I love that, I don't have it, and I totally enjoy it in my kids. Kids seem to lose it somewhere along the way, though. I guess it's just a developmental thing. They do really love to draw, though, and spend a lot of time on it. I'll take it for as long as it lasts! Thanks for the sweet and thoughtful coments, Mer and Jessica!