Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Peace

So here is my drawing for the day, for a friend.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  


Dan and I just had a couple of days away together for our thirteenth anniversary.  This was such a blessing, as I honestly cannot remember when we last had that much uninterrupted time together.  We had a great time, but man, that much eating out can really make you feel gross!  But we were spoiled by a lack of schedule, and were indulgently in charge of no one but ourselves.  

Marriage is hard.  It's a constant battle to put myself second, and my husband and marriage first.  It doesn't come naturally, but nothing could be more fulfilling.  Because when we are both doing that for each other, we find our needs met in a way that we could never have anticipated.  It's hard as a mom, also, to put my marriage ahead of my kids on the priority list.  Some of you may not agree, but I truly think it's important.  It is my natural instinct as a mother to care for my little ones, and let my husband fend for himself.  Because they are small, and they need me.  But Dan needs me, too.  He needs to know that he is on my mind and in my heart.  He needs to know that he is being cared for, as he works hard, at two full time jobs, that I notice, that I want to help out, with little actions, and with words, with gestures of affection, and taking care of small tasks that he's asked me not to forget.  With purposeful connection, even when I'm tired from a frustrating day.  He needs to know that I love him, that he's my best friend, and that I'm IN love with him, that just because we have children, we are not parents only, but lovers.  And I need to know that as well.

No comments: