Monday, August 12, 2013

simple

Ok, yes, August has been the worst blogging month yet.  I have not even remotely attempted to draw every day.  Not even remotely.  I have probably thought about it every day, but that is nothing new. It's the practice, the discipline that is supposed to be happening.  In my defense, I have actually been knitting, and crafting in various ways.  But still, not every day. I'm still trying to work out how to make it happen. 

I think, for me, the summer was tougher(on the drawing end, not in a more general sense), because we have more family time, and less structure. And I have had my Dan around in the evenings, which is special and important, and its about to end. The school year is beginning, and with it, his directorial duties. Sigh.  But it's a blessing for us to be here. Unsigh.  

All these mixed emotions are tumbling about in my head, making my brain feel like a dryer full of shoes. One thought bumps another, roughly, loudly, and I can't focus on any one thought for very long. Transition has me a bit skittish, and though transition has not yet arrived, it's shadow is edging in on my consciousness.  A strange greenish light, an impending storm. 

Kids going to school, me trying to illustrate a book, feeling like a fool for trying, knowing that I must, that it's obedience.  Dan working hard, doing so well, as we try to figure out how to be responsible, how to not just be mindless consumers. Really truly attempting to make moral decisions with our money, wanting to live rightly. To not be stingy with all that we have. Time is precious, but we have to give it away.

Simple. Right?

No comments: