Monday, August 4, 2008

not a bashful boy

Here we have the traditional thumb-sucking ultrasound, pretty self-explanatory, really, not too abstract.  Now rotate, imagine you are looking up towards the kid's butt, and he's sticking his legs in the air...

Hopefully this post doesn't offend anyone, but I haven't had a chance to teach this kid modesty yet, and I think he has a healthy enjoyment of his own very newly grown anatomy. Names will be tricky, I think; Dan and I don't seem to be on quite the same page.  Isn't the arrow drawn by the ultrasound tech very nice?  as if we needed it.  What if we didn't want to know the sex of the baby? Good thing we did. I was just happy to find out that it was only one.  Very, very glad.  And I surprised myself with how excited I am for a little boy.   Now, hopefully , I can leave the pregnant part of my life behind me.  That may sound bad, but it is just really tough for me, and not the glowing, fun time that some expectant moms experience.  God bless those who love being pregnant, but that simply isn't me.  So I am just barely past halfway, at 21 weeks.

5 comments:

Lady Leth said...

Too funny!!! So cute already!

Bridggymama said...

yeah, a boy! awesome! We must be due really close together because I am 21 or so weeks. We're not finding out the gender again, ya know, being all hippy-granola-having my baby at a birthhouse in rural Maine- means no ultrasound anyway. Ok that and the no insurance thing ;) Congrats again, boys rock in an entirely different way than girls do.

Jen said...

Oh Emily, congratulations! I can't begin to say how much I love having a little boy. Good luck with names - we were on such different pages with Maiya's name for most of my pregnancy.

Jess said...

yay! i have a very similar ultrasound showing boy parts as well :)... i was so surprised about having a boy that i went through a short time of showing anyone who walked through my door the photo with the arrow. haha.

Ashlie Skidmore said...

that was so awesome.

congrats.