Wednesday, August 20, 2008

update

When I am feeling especially nauseous, and frequently running to the bathroom to get rid of the thing that I ate, which, apparently was the WRONG thing to eat, my girls are very gracious and supportive.  They stand behind me, pat my back, lay their heads on me, and say, "ok mama, ok mama" over and over again.  They also hand me bits of toilet paper, quarter sized, to help handle the mess.  Then, when I come back to the living room, they understand that I need some comfort, and obligingly sit on my head.  Well, they don't both actually fit on my head, so one usually ends up on my neck/shoulder area.  Either way, this is a strange sensation, probably closest to being sat on by a very good-natured octopus.  This is awkward to get up from, if, by chance, the need arises to get back to the bathroom.

So, the move has been progressing slowly... yes, we moved in over a month ago, but I have not been so good about completing the project.  Our bedroom is an off-limits wonderland of boxes, cardboard, artwork, and half sorted baby clothes.  I should be working on it now, but when the girls are napping, I feel compelled to also nap.  This bodes ill for any progress that could be made.  But I cannot skip the nap!  you should see me without one... oh, baby, look out!  So onward to the nap.  Oh, in other news, my due date has been moved up to December 11th, which is nice, as that means about 2 weeks less to carry this little man, and a little more room to have a semi-normal Christmas. 

4 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so with you on nap over organizing.

merry said...

I laughed when I pictured the quarter-sized bits of toilet paper to help clean up.How completely adorable.

Nina said...

I've been away from the blogging world for a while and haven't read your blog in months -- a big mistake obviously. Congratulations! I'm so excited that you and Dan are expecting a boy...and you know what...I don't think any boys are bashful! And how sweet are those girls, comforting you like that...And you've moved...where are you now?

Emily said...

we are in the same place in media, just moved across the sidewalk to a larger apt.