Thursday, January 22, 2009

Baby Boy


Jude is seven weeks old today, and that really seems a tiny amount of time to have been aquainted with him.  He is working out some of his digestive issues, and I have hope that the doctor's assessment that he might "give me a hard time" may prove false.  It has been a while since I have cried in desperation in the middle of the night, and he is waking up only once to nurse.  He now he weighs about 13lbs.  Having a boy already seems different to me... maybe it's the singleton factor, but it's very new.  Not in an easier way, just different.  Jude is very intense, and watches me around the room, cries plaintively to be picked up, and makes crazy eye contact with me.  He also is showing a preference for mommy that the girls never displayed.  Maybe this is a boy thing, maybe just a different personality.  Also, he smiles and coos so conversationally, it seems miraculous to me - I had to wait so long for that with the twins, mostly because of their prematurity, I suppose.  Anyway, I love him.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

emily, he is so beautiful! WHat an amazing gift he is;-)