Tuesday, May 12, 2009

more fun than we know what to do with

                                     Genevieve
                                    Rowan
Solemn preparations for the cookie making extravaganza. Why does silly blogger reverse the order of my photos? Does it have something to do with selecting "center" for the format today?  Annoyance!  Oh well.  So we have been having a good day so far.  I have decided that since we are stuck at home for the most part, I will try my hardest to make home the most desirable place to be.  That includes making things clean, so it's a work in progress at best.  But I have plans, and that is a good feeling.  I can't really plant things, so I am considering a container garden on the porch. hmmmm, I guess we'll see, I have never had much of a green thumb.  
I made some play-dough today while the girls slept.  I never knew it was so easy!  Well, I did, only I never made the cooked kind, and it's so much better!  plus, I can make it whatever color I want...

Poor kids, they are in for it.  They're just getting down the basics of color, and here comes Mommy with a tray of play-dough with names that read like a J. Crew catalogue.  No honey, that's not red, it's paprika.  Let your sister use the mulberry dough... no, the purple one!  I give up, pass me the green.  No primary color schemes for these artsy-fartsy toddlers!  Now, if I can only keep them from mixing up the colors... (Laughing)...  Actually, I don't know if my camera has captured the true subtlety of these dough balls and their hues... I think I need to paint.

So wow, pandora has got my number... it's like an autobiographical radio station today!  It's the perfect thing to blog to... it makes me feel like me, past and present, and who knows, maybe they'll throw me something new to move into the future with!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I love those pics--what a fun mommy you are, Emily! How awesome that you are sharing with your girls already about the nuances of color...

Their outfits are so cute! Do you always dress them in matching clothes, but with different colors? And do they each have a favorite color that they always get?

Emily said...

It's easiest to dress them that way - the same shirt but different color or print. That way people can tell them apart easier, and they don't feel like clones of each other. Every now and then they wear the exact same thing, when I find something cute, but there are no varied options... Genevieve seems to be a bit more opinionated about her outfits, so sometimes I let her choose between the 2 shirts, and sometimes I just feel like one suits her or Rowan better for some reason... but it's great when they really like what they are wearing. They stand up, stop whatever they may have been doing when I dressed them, and turn slowly, looking down at their clothes with dreamy smiles. rowan like to tell me. "beautiful dream come true, Mommy!" when she is really happy with her outfit. not sure where that came from...

Jen said...

Sounds like a great day!

Jessica said...

"Beautiful dream come true" is amazing.

I might have to use that phrase myself;-)