Sunday, May 3, 2009

falling in love again





I am falling in love again... and not with my husband. I am still in love with my husband, of course, he is so very awe-some.  
But I am falling in love with my kids again. We have recently been having a bit of a rough time, terrible twos and all of that, but this week, there has been a wonderful explosion. An explosion of everything, really; they are suddenly communicating so clearly, multiple new things coming out every day. They are imagining so independently, using funny voices, telling me all sorts of things, counting, saying their ABC's, speaking in paragraphs, it's just hilarious and fun. Now for the potty training to kick into high gear. That part is up to me, of course. They are letting me know that they are getting ready, so I had better get ready, too.  And Jude, he is just a dream (aside from waking up every 3 hours at night)... who could resist those cheeks and thighs! He is growing so fast, and his personality is mostly sunshiny.  I can't believe the spellcheck didn't balk at that.  So sunshiny is a word... must try it in a game of scrabble.  Oh, I am just so glad that we are having fun, since we're housebound during the week!  And I love Mondays, too, because my Mom comes to help me out, and the girls just love it as well.  So I'm feeling good, and so are my little ones, and for that I am thankful. 
     I just wanted to share some of my favorite pictures from recent days; top to bottom: (1)Tea party on the porch, Rowan in red shorts (2)Tummy time (3)Genevieve and Gypsy (4)Genevieve in her choice of outfits (5)Nude Jude (6) Rowan and a feather.  Fun, fun, fun!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

First, how special that your mom comes every Monday--I would look forward to that, too! Well, with my mom, at least...Or actually, maybe your mom can start coming to MY house on Tuesdays?

Second, love the pics. Your girls are so beautiful, your dog is awesome, and your Jude is angelic. How can you ever get over that face?!?!

Third, really good to know about sunshiny!

Emily said...

Gypsy is the in-law's dog, but yes, she is awesome - and very patient with the girls, who love her desperately! Aren't Moms just spectacular? How can I hope to live up to the name?

Ashlie Skidmore said...

i really enjoy your thoughts and pictures.

Jen said...

What a good feeling, especially after a rough patch.

Nina said...

What wonderful pictures...so glad you take the time to share them. I'm jealous (in the best way) of your girls and their outfits and girlyness. And their hair -- bedhead and all!