Saturday, May 30, 2009

Today

Today I feel unflappably calm.  Nothing can ruffle my feathers.  It's a nice feeling to just roll with it; whatever "it" may be.  

today I am enjoying a big Wawa coffee, made exactly the way I like it.

TODAY a woman asked me what the age difference was between my two daughters.  I should have been a smart-ass and told her "4 minutes", but that didn't occur to me until later.  They were even wearing the same outfit in the same color, which almost never is the case.

Today I shook off the sleepies and got up to the playground before lunch.  This, also, is almost never the case.  I think I will make it a priority to do that more often.  I might actually meet some of the other women and children who live here on campus.  I found out that there are over 30 kids under the age of 18.  I had no idea - I thought there were perhaps 10.  I know that I can be a homebody, but jeez!  

Today all 3 kids are asleep at the same time, and I think I shall follow suit.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I like your use of the word "unflappably" and how it pertains to feeling calm...that's reallly nice...

Jen said...

Shared nap time - a true milestone for a mom with multiple small ones.

Nina said...

That sounds like a great day, Emily. There's nothing like a feeling of calm that just shows up...