Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Birthdays and Grey Hairs

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH
I am so stinking tired. But I feel pretty good, otherwise. Life with toddlers has been far from easy, as they are all (including Jude) pushing me hard and testing their boundaries. However, I am keeping my cool, outwardly at least, even though I do yell sometimes. Who doesn't, right? Today was the girls 3rd birthday. Wow, three years old already, and Jude is nearly one. The girls got a lot of good stuff for their birthday, but I somehow ended up getting them a whole slew of thing with polka dots... boots, umbrellas, piggy banks, underwear, even wrapping paper! Goodness, how did I manage to do that without even realizing? fortunately, they like polka dots.


Ok, so it isn't "today" anymore, I mean it isn't last Thursday... I have had a really hard time finding the time and motivation to post. For one thing, I rarely get a decent night's sleep, and so when I have a little time alone, it usually turns into a nap. For another thing, my kids seriously resent it when I look at a computer screen for more than 30 seconds. It's just not worth trying - it took me 30 minutes last night to type out an email, because they just couldn't stand my attention being so absorbed by something other than them. Oh, my darlings!
So, I have noticed that I have a lot more grey hairs than I did 3 years ago... and in the typical temple region, so that if I pull my hair back they are very noticeable. Sigh. These two are without a doubt responsible for this! I guess they are worth it... just maybe... Here they are, looking remarkably similar. Hey, are they twins? Um, yeah. You wouldn't believe how many people ask me that. I suppose I should just dress them the same all the time, to avoid confusion.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Emily, they are such cuties! Way to go on raising some lovely little girls for three whole years now!

Jen said...

How cute! Love your blog, Emily. My kids aren't too fond of the computer either, but more so the phone. Haven tells me over and over, "No talk on the phone!" One day he covered my ears when he heard it ringing.

Hope you start to get more sleep soon - or at least plenty of good naps.