Friday, June 7, 2013

project

I began a new project a few weeks ago, And yesterday finished the first leg.  It's a mural project at church, for the children.  The church bought the rights to reproduce some illustrations from a children's Bible, and hired me to paint a few scenes in the stairwell on the way down to the Sunday school classrooms.  I'm not normally a big fan of depictions of Jesus; normally he looks all wrong in my opinion, but these are sweet, very simple, and stylized illustrations.  I've finished the first mural, and am moving n to the second. They are simple pictures of Jesus with children, in pretty colors.  It's been enjoyable, and the pressure is off somewhat, since the design is not mine, although I do want to do it justice.  Here's a detail that I like.  It's a dim stairwell in the afternoon, so the resolution isn't great, but you get a general sense of color and texture.
Here is a view coming up from the lower stairs to the first landing.  It wraps around both walls, and I really couldn't find a good way to photograph the whole thing. You'll have to click to see the full horizontal picture...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks great wow!