Friday, May 3, 2013

signs. Not the creepy, crop circle, chattery-on-the-baby-monitor kind.

Signs that the family is recovering well:

I took a shower. What the what? Yes. I did. I left the three small humans unattended, watching movies in 2 separate rooms. I felt they were well enough to go 10 minutes without needing me. I also deadbolted the door. The front door, not the bathroom door, silly!

I dried my hair. Holy Moses! They did so well, that I stuck one small human in the bathtub, left the other two with said movie, and fully dried my hair. Another 20 minutes of successful, pain-free, self-sufficiency.

I may have arranged the apps on my phone by color. It may not last, as it may not be an arrangement that lends to smooth functionality... But it may look pretty. I'm almost admitting to this ultimate "I have time on my hands" move.

I also took a picture of the patina on my soap dish, and made a painting of it. Ok, I haven't yet made it yet, but I'm hoping I will have by tonight, when I post this.

Yes, it's all about me. I also know that Rowan is doing better, because I look at her and know that she's being a tiny bit of a drama queen. I can tell her to stop being so wienerrific. Two days ago, every hollow and curve of her face was a sacred relief in palest ivory, and I touched her skin as if it were delicate parchment vellum. Yeah, I know, I'M a bit of a drama queen.

No comments: