Tuesday, May 21, 2013

the next round

Ok. Admittedly, I am having a tough time keeping up with this, now that I allowed myself a break. And the exercise of just forcing myself to draw is losing it's charm. But that is not to say that I'm giving up on it.  I just really kinda want to.

I have been having a difficult time. My patience is running low with the kids.  I try to speak softly, enforce consequences without losing it, but lets face it, it is a constant stream of testing Mommy up in here. Y'all gone make me lose my mind...  Yes, that's right.  So I'm trying to set an example, but I'm failing left and right. And still, I want to teach these small humans how to handle their frustrations with grace...

Lots of trailing off at the ends of sentences, lots of tired sighs. An abundance of nervy fidgeting, but there's blessing in making a choice. To continue to try. To admit temporary defeat, but still make an effort to win the next round.

It's only Tuesday, and after a truly lovely weekend, I'm getting all weary. It's not how I'd like to be. So I won't. The girls picked some gorgeous funky wildflowers on Saturday, and I promised myself I'd draw them, so here you are.

No comments: