Tuesday, April 30, 2013

the slope.

There's a hill I pass on the way to work. I used to pass it every day, and always, always wanted to paint it. Now I pass it once a week at most. The trees are bigger, quite a bit bigger, than they used to be. It takes trees a long time to grow, I've noticed. Yes. I am so sharp.

My point being, that time is passing, and I am mostly unaware of how much of it is really receding quickly. So very quickly. This isn't really one of those posts about how fast the years fly, and pay attention, it's precious. It is. But now and then it takes me by surprise how, when I lump certain life events into "that just happened recently", I have to suddenly recategorize them into "that happened years ago"!

I'm gonna go ahead and make a little picture of my beloved slope. Better late than never!

Pastel on board:


No comments: