Monday, April 1, 2013

The day after Easter

There are several things that tell me (other than my fatigue) that this weekend was a long one:

8:30 AM and all the kids are still asleep.

The sliding van doors and back hatch were all still open this morning from last night's child and food unloading.

The keys were still in the lock. At least I drew the deadbolt.

9:30 AM, and one child is STILL sleeping!

I feel that perhaps I should have blogged more seriously about Easter, and what it means to me personally. But in spite of my trying to de-easterbunny this holiday, it still was fairly overtaken by kiddie fun.

But every day, I experience this reality. As I struggle with my own weakness, and again and again get filled. As I make mistake after mistake and find grace. I am given a free pass to speak to God, to feel his presence, to daily know the death that brings me life, and the resurrection that allows me over and over again, to die to my old self. It overwhelms me.

Happy Easter.

And here are some eggs. Oh, how I love these eggs. Pastel on board.





No comments: