Saturday, March 30, 2013

the day before Easter

These wild children have had enough of each other. And I have had enough of spring break. I wish that we had the kind of week where we all realize how much we like one another. A week when, at the end, we all settle in with a flop, and sigh, "... I love my family..." I don't think that it didn't happen just because we don't have superpowers. It does happen sometimes; we feel all the warm, contented things that we're supposed to feel about family.

Ok. I was just interrupted by screams. The loud kind. Case in point. But after a time of discipline and a time of "steam roller"(don't ask), I'm actually getting the warm fuzzies. See, all I needed to do was blog about it, and presto, perfection achieved. Right? Ha! Not just yet.

But today was good. My small people are clean, and asleep, and they egg-hunted to their hearts content. Dan and I sat at the kitchen table and he played his guitar, and I drew. Now THAT doesn't happen too often. It was lovely. The resulting drawing is somewhat mediocre, but it does bear a resemblance to Vivi, staring out the window and trying hard to fight her instincts, which are to look right at me and grin.



No comments: