Wednesday, March 27, 2013

springy

I've been sighting the groundhog on our back hill this week. The girls named her Jesus a couple of years ago. I love that. What's more, this morning, the chipmunk is out in a posture of absolute commitment, chirping away, calling for a mate. Stock still, determined on the back step. He knows what's up. Seriously, the little dude has been at it for the last two hours, and he's showing no signs of stopping, his little cheeks puffing up rhythmically.

I have been really uninspired by the things around me, when it comes to drawing. I'm going to see if I can rope the kids into posing for me today. I know their attention spans won't deliver much of a sitting, but even a few minutes of sketching from life should put me back in a good head space.

Ok. A barely acceptable section. Rowan's eyes and nose.

No comments: