Wednesday, January 23, 2013

4 years ago, my blog was funnier

I was just as much a worry-wart, but I was at least witty about it. Was it the pregnancy hormones? Now I just fester humorlessly. I think about my three small ones, and I worry. I think about how amazingly special they are, and how there are so many people with whom they will come into contact, who just won't get it. I worry about how, when someone doesn't see the quirky wonderful perfection, my small person will feel sad, and rejected, and maybe it won't be enough that I see it.

I don't want to think so negatively. Sheesh, what a downer of a post. Lemme switch gears slightly. A certain six year old said to me tonight, when I assured her that her feet would warm up under the covers, that her body was like a house or a ship, and the warmness was going to come in and fill it up, and the coldness would disappear, like when we turn on our heater. This child thinks in similes quite often. It's enjoyable. It's the way she shows me her understanding. I love it. I'm sure I can't be the only one who will.

So, here you are. Little girl in the grass. Not just 5 minutes, but hey, I'm drawing.


2 comments:

Dad said...

Your concerns are insightful and real. The ones to feel sorry for though, are the ones that don't get it. I completely understand and identify with not wanting your little ones (or big ones) to get hurt by someone else's insensitivity. Keep on praying.

Dad said...

Oh yeah, your drawings are absolutely gorgeous. You got Rowans likeness spot on and Jude's too. Lovely.