Wednesday, January 30, 2013

my own brand of productive

Today I got my driver's license renewed. There was no line, and Jude was quietly cooperative. They let you approve the photo before printing, so I made the kind man redo it 3 times... I can honestly say that I look semi-normal, and my eyes are opened all the way. I proudly stashed my still-warm-from-the-machine-card in my wallet, went into the grocery store, went through the checkout line, and found that my wallet was gone. I just had it! What?? After a few brief but panicky moments of wondering if the Artful Dodger had followed me into the Giant (moments which included a perverse 4-year-old insisting, "No! Don't pull me! I don't want to go fast! You can't make me run!"), I found my wallet on the floor of the car. I went back into the store, paid for my groceries, and came home. Once home, I flopped on the sofa and proceeded to fill out paperwork for the triple kids' dentist appointment that we have scheduled for 9am tomorrow. What excitement fills my days! No, really, these are wild times. I'm feeling slightly breathless.

1 comment:

Dad said...

You leave me breathless as I read through these posts, especially knowing that there is more to the story each day than what you you're writing in this short space. We pray for you guys all the time. You're doing an awesome job!