Thursday, January 3, 2013

cranky face

So my kids are getting on my nerves. I was up a lot in the night, coughing, and I'm gonna blame my grumpiness on that. But, if I'm being honest with myself, it isn't really the reason. I am just impatient by nature, and my kids are slow and pokey, and day-dreamy. They are imaginative and thoughtful, and always getting distracted by one another. I don't always enjoy that. But it is part of what makes them wonderful. Last night Rowan came out from bed to inform me that her elbows "felt irritated". I didn't really find it funny at the time, and I sent her and her irritable elbows back to bed. But these little things are good things, rich things. So I sat myself down with paper and a ballpoint pen, and a little round mirror, and First Aid Kit. Those ladies always soothe my ruffled feathers. Here is my cranky face. I feel much better now. What did I tell you... life-giving creative outlet. Cranky stays on the paper, and now I'll bring my renewed appreciation for the small ones into lunchtime.

No comments: